Interview with Shaun Read and Sean Walsh @ VooFoo Studios
The OPN interview showcasing the release of VooFoo Studios' 'Battle cars' DLC for the fast-paced, competitive, top-down racer, 'Mantis Burn Racing.' A conversation with Creative Director Shaun Read and Marketing and PR Manager Sean Walsh. Interviewed by our Editor-in-Chief, Rey Urias, and our Director of Business Development, Enzo Scavone.
ABOUT THE ORIGINAL GAME
The race is on in Mantis Burn Racing, where fast-paced bumper-to-bumper racing combines with intuitive, tactile gameplay and stunning visuals in one of the best-looking and most immersive top-down racers around. Drive incredible built-for-racing vehicles across highly detailed, visually stunning tracks, in high-risk, high-speed races where winning is everything. Prove your skills in an extensive career mode and take on friends with 4-player local split-screen racing and online modes for up to 8 players in ‘onemore-go’ style competitive racing. With a RPG-style upgrade system providing players with deep tactical choices and excellent replay-ability, this is racing at its rawest but most exciting!
- Compelling Career Mode - Test every aspect of your driving ability in a comprehensive 9-season career structure where you choose your progression path on the road to being crowned Mantis Burn Racing Champion.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Racing - Jump the sand dunes of sun-scorched Sand Town, burn rubber on the asphalt city streets of New Shangri-la or race across the treacherous icy snowscapes of Snowbound in high-speed competitive races.
- Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable built-for-racing vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits with speedy dune-buggies, versatile road-racers and super-strong 6-wheeler trucks competing side-by-side in the same race.
- Stunning Visuals – Race across 12 stunning reversible tracks located in 3 uniquely challenging environments with incredible photo-realistic visuals for crystal clear high-octane racing.
- Intuitive, exciting gameplay – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling with intuitive and exciting gameplay where the driving experience takes centre stage.
- RPG-Style Upgrade System – Fine tune your vehicle’s handling and performance to your exact preference and playing style via a RPG-style upgrade slot system to customise your vehicles’ suspension, gear-box, engine, tyres and boost.
- Challenging Game Modes – Master 10 fun game modes - including Knockout, Accumulator, Overtake and Time Trial - that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
- Weekly Challenges - Race your way to the top of the Global leader boards in unique challenges each week for the ultimate in bragging rights.
- Intense Multiplayer - 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
- Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
- Regular Updates – Regular content updates during Early Access with add-ons planned post full launch, including free and paid content packs.
ABOUT THIS DLC
STEAM LINK: MASSIVE MANTIS BURN RACING® UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE!
The latest game update for Mantis Burn Racing® is here, and it’s a big one! As ever, we’ve been listening to your comments and feedback and we’re delighted to be able to now release a patch that brings many fan-requested features and improvements to the game.
The update includes improvements to performance during online play and improved loading times, which we know have been popular requests. Significantly, we've also added cross-play which will allow Steam players to connect with console players, which we hope improves the online experience for you all! Elsewhere, there’s now a ‘Random Event’ option for online races and the game now indicates whether upgrades are on / off for the Weekly Challenges.
The update is available now on STEAM and you can read the full patch notes, below. Please continue to let us know your feedback; we hope you enjoy the improvements.
- Comprehensive improvements in usability and performance during online play
- Improved loading times
- Vehicle collision improvements and bug fixes
- AI driven vehicles now use their boost more intelligently
- Added upgrade on/off information to Weekly Challenge
- New ‘Random Event’ option for online races
- New ‘Great’, ‘Amazing’ and ‘Awesome’ Sector XP rewards replace ‘Clean Sector’
- Track name and map shown during loading
- Gear Challenges now turn red as soon as they are failed
- Garage appearance tweaks
- General performance improvements
- Cross play allowing online players to connect with players on other platforms
- Added the ability to adjust HDR brightness on HDR enabled TV’s
- General bug fixes
CONNECT WITH VOOFOO – TBA END OF STREAM